L-lysine-rich nutraceutical supplement formulated in highly palatable chews. For cats that are in clinical or latent situations that respond to the use of L-lysine, or in which its supplementation may be beneficial.
Its use is recommended for situations where the use of L-lysine may be beneficial.
Properties and mechanism of action
- L-lysine is an amino acid that thanks to its structure has a competitive action with arginine. It is believed to exert an antagonistic effect on arginine, an amino acid essential for herpesvirus replication.
- Optimal concentration for young or adult kittens underweight.
- Safe, allowing it to be suitable for long-term use.
- In-vitro studies indicate that the amino acid arginine is essential for the correct replication of the feline herpesvirus. It is also believed that it can promote their growth. On the contrary, it is believed that L-lysine can exert an antagonistic effect on the growth promoting action of arginine and reduce the replication of feline herpesvirus.
- For cats that are in clinical or latent situations that respond to the use of L-lysine, or in which its supplementation may be beneficial.
Dosage: 1 chew for every 2.5 kg of weight per day.
Presentation: 60 chews.